Sunday, March 18 – Tuesday, March 20, 2018
ROA Minuteman Memorial Building
One Constitution Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20002
The Registration rate is $99 per individual. Advance registration will close at midnight, Friday, March16, 2018.
Click here for the conference agenda.
Congressional Visits — “March on the Hill”
On Tuesday, March 20, ROA will sponsor a “March on the Hill” event. ROA NEEDS YOU AT THIS EVENT! Don’t miss this opportunity to represent ROA on Capitol Hill.
Department National Council Representative
Each department is encouraged to have a Department National Council Member (DNCM) at this meeting. If your elected/appointed Department National Council Member cannot attend, you may appoint a representative (as allowed by your bylaws). To ensure this person will be able to cast a vote on behalf of the Department, you must notify Diane Markham (email@example.com) of the substitution at least one week prior to the conference.
ROA has a small block of rooms at the Residence Inn Arlington Capitol View, 2850 South Potomac Avenue, Arlington, VA. Rooms are $130/night (plus 13% tax) and includes breakfast for two for each night's stay. Reservations can be made by calling (888) 236-2427 or (703) 415-1300. Be sure to reference group code: "M-AWU92GH" or "ROA" to enjoy the conference rate. Reservations must be made by February 16, 2018 to guarantee the group rate. ROA will host a hospitality suite each night.
The Residence Inn Arlington Capitol View offers complimentary Marriott shared-service shuttle to and from DCA airport starting at 0500, then at 0530 and 0600; continuing every 20 minutes until 2300. Shuttle phone: (703) 415-1300. They also offer a complimentary shuttle to/from the Crystal City Metro station every 20 minutes between 0700-2300.
Estimated taxi fare from the hotel is $10. On-site parking is $32/day. Consider using the airport’s long-term parking for a cheaper option.
ROA is also happy to provide a sampling of nearby hotels in the event you would prefer to stay at a hotel of your choice. ROA does not have any arrangements with these hotels and all arrangements must be made by the individual. Click here for more information and a sampling of nearby hotels.
There are three area airports:
1. Reagan National Airport. Distance from hotel: 6 miles. Drive time: 20 minutes
2. Washington Dulles International Airport. Distance from hotel: 27 miles. Drive time: 30-40 min
3. Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Distance from hotel: 33 miles. Drive time: 1 hour.
There are three easy and convenient ways to get around the city:
1. Metrorail/Metrobus – Metrorail and Metrobus provide the safest, cleanest and most efficient way of getting around Washington, DC and the metropolitan suburbs. The Minuteman Memorial Building is a 15 minute walk from both the Union Station Metro stop (Red line) and Capitol South Metro stop (Yellow/Blue/Silver line). For a map, schedules and fares go to www.wmata.com.
2. Taxicab – Taxi service is plentiful and economical in DC. In fact, DC has one of the highest taxi-to-citizen ratios in the country, with more than 6,000 taxis servicing the city. Taxis use a metered system just like every other city in the country. To order a cab, plan a trip, or calculate a fare, visit www.dctaxionline.com.
3. Uber Technologies Inc. – Uber is here to help you get around DC hassle free and in style! Request a ride using the Uber iPhone or Android app.